As some of you may know from keeping up with my social media channels and instagram. I love to cook and experiment with food. I like to switch up my meals frequently, as I get quite bored of eating the same thing over again. So, I’ve gathered up a few meals that I’ve cooked recently for you to try yourself at the comfort of your own home. They are quite simple meals as I am a very busy girl these days. (Hence why its taken so long to post this). I hope you enjoy this post as it is my first ever food recipe blog! (YAY!)
1. BBQ & Lemon Drizzle Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash
Bell peppers (Any colour of choice)
Black onion seeds (if you prefer)
All Purpose Seasoning (Dunn’s River)
So here we have a very different meal, where i decided to add a drizzle of lemon to my chicken to give it a little kick. I love the sauce “Lemon & Herb” at Nando’s so I thought why not incorporate my own twist and add a bit of BBQ Sauce. If anyone knows me well, you will know how much I love sauces and I cant stand dry food. So any chance I get I like to incorporate some moisture in. It’s perfect to combine with roasted vegetables, mash potato or rice, depending on the diet you’re going for.
1. Wash chicken breast with lemon and vinegar.
2. Pierce chicken with a knife or fork. (It allows the seasoning to soak into the chicken)
3. Chop the spinach & bell peppers & garlic if its fresh.
4. Put the chicken breasts in a bowl, add a sprinkle (1 or half a teaspoon) of all purpose seasoning and black onion seeds.
5. Sprinkle a dash of garlic granules (if you don’t have fresh garlic)
4. Add chopped peppers and spinach (leave a bit to garnish)
5. Add 1/2 Tablespoons of BBQ sauce & squeeze half a lemon on the chicken.
6. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Mix the marinade into the chicken in a freezer bag or with CLEAN hands.
7. If you have a few hours to spare, leave to marinade over night or for an hour. Alternatively, pour it into a baking tray with baking paper or foil.
8. Set a timer for 20/30 minutes on a medium heat between 150-190 degrees.
9. Cover with foil for 10 minutes in the oven. (Keep checking every 10 minutes)
10. Remove foil, you should see a bit of chicken stock in the tray. Uncover and leave for the rest of time in oven.
2. Beef Pasta Bake w/ Spinach and Tomato Toppings
Beef Mince (less fat or normal)
Wholewheat Pasta or Normal Pasta
Mild Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese
Pasta Sauce of choice (or make your own with blended tomatoes, some seasonings and basil or herbs of choice)
All Purpose Seasoning (Dunn’s River)
Garlic Seasoning or Fresh Garlic
Pasta Bake is an easy on the go meal that lasts such a long time and you can store away for the week or even the month. This one was made super simple actually in a rush, as I just came back from work and needed a bite to eat.
1. Start off by boiling your pasta for 10 minutes, ready to mix when the sauce is done.
2. Start chopping the spinach, onions and tomatoes.
3. Put the mince into a pot to start cooking (I usually don’t add any extra oil as it makes a lot of oil itself, just leave it covered)
If you do want that extra moisture, add olive oil or spray oil (Fry Light).
4. Once the mince is quite brown and it has some moisture add in your onions and let it fry for 5-10 minutes on a medium heat.
5. Then pour in the pasta sauce, mix and cover. Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes on a high heat.
6. Once the mince and sauce is cooked thoroughly, turn off the hob.
7. Mix the sauce with the pasta.
8. Add some cheese and spinach to the mixture, (MAKING SURE YOU SAVE SOME CHEESE FOR THE TOP)
9. Continue to mix until you can see the cheese melting and all ingredients are mixed accordingly.
7. Pour into a baking tray, sprinkle some cheese and garnish with spinach and tomatoes.
8. Set a timer for 20 minutes on a medium heat and keep checking every 5/10 minutes.
3. My “Go To” Green Smoothie
Spinach or Kale
Less than half a cucumber
Half a Carrot
Celery or Cabbage
Green Maca Powder
Almond/Coconut Milk or Natural Yoghurt
(amount of ingredients are based on max. size of blender)
1. CHOP CHOP CHOP
2. Add 1 tablespoon of Maca & Linseed powder.
3. Add some water, almond/coconut milk or natural yoghurt (If you want it extra creamy)
4. BLEND BLEND BLEND
I hope you caught a little something from this, as I have been meaning to do this for a very long time now and finally got round to it.
Let me know of any recipes you’ve tried or you would recommend I try. As I love to branch out and explore my options!
Feel free to comment below what recipe sounds most appealing to you or if you ended making them.
Would love to hear all about it! 🙂
But for now stay tuned for more content like this to come soon…